banner
lefthomeaboutpastarchiveright

Music of a fane and profanity: A game of bane

Asok Chattopadhyay

Our premier is fond of speaking his mon ki baat off and on to the Indian public. And he speaks and it gets broadcasted to the people to have  his wise sayings! By name of his mon ki baat  he frequently preaches his political message impregnated with the admixure of untrue and fictitious materials which are widely circulated by media with all their updated methods. On the 5th August last, he preached his mon ki baat during his presiding the bhumi pujon ceremony of the forthcoming foundation of Rammondir.

What did he say on that day? It was a festive day of the hindus, a prologue to the inauguration of hindu bharat! That day he called this bhumi pujon a historic event! Nine months back, on 9th November, our Supreme Court steered clear the way of constructingRammondir by paying tribute to the hindu sentiment and this verdict had also been branded a historic verdict! Practically this verdict enabled the hindutwawallas to be bold enough to arrange the inauguration ceremony of Rammondir.  Our premier on this day said in his historic message that the Indian public was awarded the 15th August 1947 as a result of their prolonged dedication and devotion and after long 64 years of freedom this 5th August was also a glorious day they had eagerly been waiting for so long!—Thus our premire amalgamated  the  two days at par with each other! He dexterously mingled the struggle for independence and the construction of Rammondir at one point and at a one say! A struggle for almost two hundred years and  the hindu cummunal frame-up over the muslims after their age-old Babri Mosjid dilapidated on 6th December premier! Thus he opened the door of  a new chapter of hindu history over the one in existing syllabus for long.

In his message on the 5th August last, he asserted that the foundation of our culture was once collocated by Ramchandra himself ! The hindu riligious fascism flied up and on the fore in his message to the Indian public. Had Ramchandra collocated the foundation of our culture, all the caste, creed and class of people of India cannot but be the one and online soldier of that culture! And then the questions and terms like secularism, pluralism etc get annuled! Then it establishes India to be the country of Ramchandra himself !  It begets the propagation of this country to be only of the hindus, no other than hindus are allowed to reside here! Is it?

The personal existence of the epic character Ramchandra is not at all recognized by the historians. Besides, in one portion of Indian globe Ramchandra is adored by a class of people only, in other portion not. Rather Ravana, the arch enemy of Ramchandra, is adored by a huge class of people of India. Moreover the Bengali popular terms like ramchagol, rampantha, ramboka, ram ram (slanderous), ramgoruder chaana, ramochandra (denouncing), rampakhi, ramkhodi are not  at all eulogy to the god Ramchandra. Are these terms or words able enough to be accepted as synonyms to the universal agreeablity to Ramchandra's prestige?

We have numerous versions of Ramayanas in our country. Ramchandra has been depicted differently in different versions of Ramayanas. At one side he has been depicted  as people-friendly, truth-serving and in the other side he has been shown as killer of sudra, killer of Vali. He failed to pay due prestige and importance to Sita, his wife, rather he frequently insulted and humiliated her. The feudal values of the virility to the women sect have repeatedly been revealed by Ramchandra. Under this context the heroic ballad shrouding Sita has also been composed and come into being, where Sita is dignified and Ramchandra a villain. Why is such a person, tracking out of epic, being utilized as the epitome of hindutvawadi riligious fascism which wides open the difference between men and people of the country and are being tagged with the communal vile politics? Why such a vile act has so audaciously been mingled with the distorded facts and materials to confuse the Indian public?

Our premire said on his message on 5th August last, that this Rammondir would in near future be the source of inspiration of the whole of the mankind! He even elucidated  the Ramrajya to be the dreams of Gandhiji himself! —As such it is presumed that the message delivered by our premier was well-knitted with his planned political agendum.[1]

What actually Gandhiji said of Ramrajya? We have to keep in our mind that the concept of Ramrajya fostered by the RSS is that Ramrajya  and hindurastraare synomymous! Ramchandra is just but an imortant element to establish hindurastra in India. Obviously this hundurastra is nothing but by the hindu, of the hindu and for the hindu! But what Gandhiji said was something different. In his article Ramrajya, Gandhiji wrote :

By Ramrajya I do not mean Hindu Raj. I mean by Ramarajya Divine Raj, the Kingdom of God. For me Rama and Rahim are one and the same deity. I acknowledge no other God but the one God of truth and righteousness. Whether Rama of my imagination ever lived or not on this earth, the ancient ideal of Ramarajya is undoubtedly one of true democracy in which the meanest citizen could be sure of swift justice without an elaborate and costly procedure. Even the dog is described by the poet to have received justice under Ramarajya.[2] (emphasis mine).

Both the king and the beggar do have their equal rights in the Ramarajya concept of Gandhiji.[3] Gandhiji wrote:

When I visit the Frontier Province I call it Khudai Raj, while to Christian audience I would describe it as a kingdom of God on earth… I must repeat for the thousandth time, Ramanama is one of the many names of God.[4] (emphasis mine).
Obviously the RSS concept of Ramrajya and that of Gandhiji is not identical and synonymous. And yet our premier had concealed the truth and catered a false and distorted material and messaged it confidently to the public directly. Such a false and harmful material he openly served which was ill-intentioned! And just a week latter (August 12) we found a 52-year muslim auto-riksha driver in Rajasthan had been truculently beaten by the hindutvawadis as this poor man denied to utter Jaysriram and Modi zindabad! And it was the consequent to our premier’s message to his cadres for their doable!

Gandhiji was heniously killed by Nathuram Godse, a member of the RSS family. Gandhiji remembered Ramnam before he breathed his last. Was this Ram and that of the hindutvawadi religious fascists the same? Now the Modi-fied hindutvawadis utter Jaysriram while rioting and raping and lynching ! This jaysriram has become their lynching cry! And now this Gandhi-killer Godse has been deified by the hindutvawadis and has been enshrined and adored! And yet our primier dared misquoting Gandhi intentionally to serve his ill-motived purpose!

Under this corona-ruled situation and lockdown, all sorts of protests against the misdoings of the Modi-led BJP government have been restricted and they have been masked to word off. And under this given situation he is serving his ill-purposes in absence of opposition. The 5th August last was the very day when, a year back, the Government of India revoked the special status under article 370 of our constitution and promulgated a terror-raj in Kashmir. Kashmir became detached from the outer world. The inhuman repression reigned there became a far cry to the rest of Indians. And a year later, on this very day, the bhumi pujon of Rammondir took place at the active presiding of our premier himself! On that day curfew was promulgated in Kashmir and torture on the Kashmiris did have not limit! And under these corona-ruled times in India any sound of protest remained unheard!

The agitation-friendly lefts are now like a charmed snake having no venom at all! They are kowtowing to the constitutional process and prepare for the electoral match to come in near future so that peaceful co-existence may be the possible way to rise up the tower of power!

References:
1. https://www.oneindia.com/india/ram-mandir-bhumi-pujan-full-text-of-pm-narendra-modi-s-speech-3130182.html
2. Young India, September 19, 1929,
3. Ananda Bazar Patrika, August 2, 1934
4. Sagarika Ghosh : Letter to Gandhi : Mandir will lbe built, but who will build Ramrajya?. The Times
of India, August 9, 2020

Back to Home Page

Frontier
Sep 26, 2020

Asok Chattopadhyay chattopadhyayasok1@gmail.com

Your Comment if any